In 2019, I've had the honour of receiving the Viner Medal, please see the following from January's ACF Newsletter...
The Viner Medal for Australian Senior Player of the Year (born in or before 1969). His achievements in 2019 include:
In addition to these first-class playing accomplishments, Leonid Sandler has achieved a significant increase in the participation rate of Victorian school-girls in events such as the National School teams, the Victorian Women’s Championship and the Victorian Schools Zonals.
- Oceania Senior Champion 2019 (event held in New Zealand)
- New Zealand Open Championship 2019 equal 3rd-9th
- New Zealand Rapid Championship 2019 equal 2nd-5th
- Box Hill Chess Club Championship 2019 equal 2nd-3rd
- Queensland Championship 2019 3rd place
A picture of the Viner Medal is shown on the photos page, as well as some extracts from the Box Hill Chess Club Newsletter about my New Zealand trip in January.
Leonid Sandler - International Master, Director Chess Australia Pty Ltd
Last Updated - Monday 17th February, 2020